Dave and Laura Anspach purchased the farmhouse property from the family partnership. Laura is A. Patrick Linton’s daughter.
The farm has stayed in the family for eight generations and counting. Christian Kemp was Laura’s great-grandfather’s cousins’ great-great-great-grandfather.
Jack and Betty Linton transferred ownership to an incorporated family partnership that also included all their children: Jay T., A. Patrick, and Ron C. Linton. (This picture was taken well before that, but we couldn’t resist the 70s charm.)
In 1982, the farmhouse was registered as a historical landmark of Frederick County. The house has also been accepted to the National Register of Historic Places, though (as of Spring 2017) it has not been formally listed.
Russell and Bertha Thomas conveyed the farm to their daughter Betty and her husband Jack T Linton. As the story goes, Grandpap Russell had reached retirement age, and no longer wished to deal with managing the farm. Russell was working out a deal to sell the property to the current lessee for $50,000. His son-in-law, Grandpap Jack, decided to match the offer and keep the farm in the family.
The roof of the cow barn burned down in the early- to mid-1900s, and was fully reconstructed in 1954.
In the early 1900s, a fire destroyed the second floor of the northeast section (the 1790 construction). The fire occurred sometime between 1918 and 1926. Rather than restore the second story, a shed roof was built, slanting from the still-two-story front wall to the now-single-story rear wall, as seen in the picture below. Construction was completed by the time this photo was taken in 1928.