A Few Pics from 1967

Advertisements

Fire!

In the early 1900s, a fire destroyed the second floor of the northeast section (the 1790 construction). The fire occurred sometime between 1918 and 1926. Rather than restore the second story, a shed roof was built, slanting from the still-two-story front wall to the now-single-story rear wall, as seen in the picture below. Construction was completed by the time this photo was taken in 1928.